The factor of servo motor instead of stepper motor
The servo motor can control the speed, and the position accuracy is very accurate. It can convert the voltage signal into torque and speed to drive the control object. With its excellent performance and outstanding performance, servo motors are widely used in industrial fields. More and more servo motors are used instead of stepper motors. So, what should be paid attention to when the servo motor replaces the stepper motor?
Precautions for replacing stepper motors with servo motors
1. In order to ensure that the control system does not change much, a digital servo system should be used, and the original pulse control method can still be used;
2. Due to the strong overload capacity of the servo motor, the rated torque of the servo motor can be determined by referring to 1/3 of the rated output torque of the original stepping motor;
3. Because the rated speed of the servo motor is much higher than that of the stepper motor, it is best to add a deceleration device to make the servo motor work at close to the rated speed. In this way, a motor with a smaller power can also be selected to reduce costs.
The specific manifestations of the current servo motor's trend towards stepping:
1. Impact torque: the maximum torque can reach several times the rated torque;
2. Both the servo motor and the drive can be equipped with a temperature monitor. Stepper motor, stepper motor driver, brushless motor, brushless motor driver.
3. Small size and high efficiency: using the latest permanent magnet materials and optimized motor design, a small motor can also produce a large torque. When the same type of motor is matched with different drives, the maximum output torque is different; when the same volume motor uses different winding forms and different numbers of magnetic poles, the output power is also different;
4. Use high-performance magnetic materials and high magnetic energy product;
In specific applications, when the terminal load is stable, the action is simple, and the operation is basically low-speed, the low-cost and easy-to-control stepper motor is most suitable; but when the terminal load has a large fluctuation range, simple action, and basically low-speed operation, If you choose a stepper motor, you will face a series of troubles, because a stepper motor driven by a square wave is difficult to eliminate vibration and noise, and will cause out of step or overshoot due to torque fluctuations. In fact, when the terminal load has a large fluctuation range, even if it is basically in a low-speed operation state, the servo motor should be selected, because after considering factors such as efficiency improvement factors, energy saving factors, control accuracy improvement factors, and system stability increases, you will find The use of higher-priced servo motors increases the overall cost.
Jact-china synchronous servo motor company, and also China DC servo motor Agent. The servo motor produced is of good quality and cheap. If you want to purchase, you can click here.
What are the common problems of DC Servo motor driver?
Advantages and differences between frequency converter and Servo system